Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little Steps

I lost three pounds! I know it's probably just water weight, but that made a good start to the morning. Andrew & I did Insanity again this morning. It was a hard workout, but again, I felt better afterwards.

This morning I tried a new recipe. Raw flax "oatmeal." It's not really oatmeal, but has a similar consistency, and it was really good!

Day 2 of the 30 Day Raw Food Challenge

Woke up at 5:00.
Weight Lost: 3 pounds

Breakfast: Raw "Flax Oatmeal" See recipe below 174 calories

Snack: 1 small banana 55 cal
black berries 40 cal

Lunch: salad with spinach, peppers (red, yellow, green, orange), avocado and salsa 160 cal

Snack: 1 small orange 50 cal
raw peanuts 155 cal

Dinner: Large bowl of fruit (grapes, pineapple, ban, apples and black berries) 70, 40, 55, 70, 60 cal.

Aprox. total for the day: 1,029

RAW OATMEAL RECIPE

* 2 SERVINGS

  • 2 APPLES
  • 1 BANANA
  • 2 TB GROUND FLAX
  • 2 TB CINNAMON
  • WATER (ABOUT 1/4 C. DEPENDING ON HOW THICK YOU LIKE)
THE RECIPE SAID TO PEAL THE APPLES, BUT I DIDN'T. I CHOPPED THE FRUIT INTO SMALLER PIECES AND PUT ALL THE INGREDIENTS IN MY MAGIC BULLET. BLEND AND ENJOY! *YOU CAN TOP WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUIT, WHICH WOULD BE GOOD TOO!

How I've felt...

I've felt really good. I've had more energy. Today it was a lot easier for me to get out of bed. Again, no coffee this morning...which is shocking! Andrew used to bring me a cup of coffee when I was in bed and I had to drink it before I could even get up! Sad, but true. 5AM comes early!!! I get full really quick from all of the fiber in the raw foods, especially from my meals at lunch. But then 2-3 hours later I will start getting hungry. Eating that regularly will help keep my energy and metabolism up though. I haven't found anywhere online how many calories I should be eating on this diet. But, I don't know if I could eat anymore than what I am eating because the foods make me feel SO full. I need to be careful with eating too many nuts, because they are high in calories. I know they are important though because that's my biggest source of protein on this diet. RAW FOODS... I definitely can do this! One of my student's Grandma brought me a $50 groupon to 105 degrees! I'm excited to use it.

No comments: