Friday, January 21, 2011

Keep it up

Day 5 of the 30 Day Raw Food Challenge

It's amazing how foods can make you feel. I honestly do feel better. I feel more rested and more energetic. Today I wasn't hungry hardly at all. When I got home from work and realized I'd only consumed several hundred calories, I loaded up on some dry fruit.


Breakfast-1 Lara bar, 75 cal

Snack-Apple slices, 80 cal

Lunch-Spinach, bell peppers, avocado 20, 20 150 cal

Snack-orange, 55 cal
dried dates and apricots 270

Dinner- Spaghetti Squash with basil, pesto olive oil sauce, 25 cal, 100 cal

Grand total of: 795

I will probably eat a bowl of fruit or a lara bar before I go to sleep.

So, technically, I cheated with the Spaghetti Squash. :) But, I don't think I ever said I was going for 100% raw. I did cook the squash on a lower temperature for a longer amount of time. But that's the only thing I've had to eat that'd been cooked since I started. And, I LOVE spaghetti squash. It has such a good, buttery flavor...and 23 calories for 1/2 c. You can't beat that! If I was eating meat, I would make meat sauce with ground turkey and tomato sauce. It's delicious. Even Andrew & my dad like it! They can be picky.

5 Days Down, 25 to go!

No comments: