Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 3

Today I have felt well. Still, amazingly, without coffee! I made spaghetti and meat sauce for Andrew tonight. It smelled great, but I wasn't even tempted to taste it. I think it makes it easier when you are just fixing meals for two people. I think if we had a family it would be more difficult to follow.

No workout this morning, Andrew wasn't feeling well, so I slept another hour. It was great! My weight is the same as it was yesterday, so no change there.

Breakfast- small orange, small banana 55 cal, 60 cal

Snack-2 apples 130 cal

Lunch- banana and orange (I was really busy at lunch today) 55, 60 cal

Snack- guacamole, red, yellow, green and orange peppers 120 cal

Dinner- mushroom soup (see recipe below) 55 cal

Snack- 1/4 walnuts, 1/3 crainrasins 180, 130 cal.

Which brings me to a grand total of: aprox. 845 calories

That doesn't seem like a lot, but I am so full! I might have a bowl of fruit later. :) The recipe for mushroom soup is going to sound really nasty. But, surprisingly, it was good. I found it on a raw foods website and there were actually many variations. This is what I did. It made 2 servings.
  • 1 1/2 c. mushrooms
  • 1 c. light almond milk
  • garlic to taste
Blend in magic bullet and enjoy! It sounds gross. But, the texture was actually very creamy and it was very filling and low in calories. Some of the recipes called for onions, almond butter or cashew butter and even nuts. This will be something I'll make again. Now technically, you aren't supposed to heat it, but it would be good heated. I must be honest, I zapped mine in the microwave for a few seconds. :)

Happy Eating!

No comments: