Monday, January 17, 2011

Here we go!

Day 1 of the 30 day Raw Food Challenge

And 29 days remaining

This morning when I got on the scale, I was not very happy. Mostly because, I've been exercising every day and eating healthy and the number on the scale has gone up. I don't have a lot of weight that I want to lose, but regardless, I'm hesitant to share. Maybe I'll post my starting weight and progress further into the process. So anyway, here's how today went:

Andrew & I woke up at 5:30 and did the Cardio Power & Resistance Insanity workout. It was tough, but I felt better afterwards. We are about three weeks into the 60 day Insanity program. One of my hesitations with going raw was giving up coffee. I usually have between 2-4 cups of coffee a day. Sometimes 5. Most of the research I've done says no coffee. Today, surprisingly, i went without and was fine! I think if I limit it to one cup though, that would be okay. I am trying to eat 5-6 small meals a day.

Meal Amount Aprox. Calories Time I Ate

Breakfast- Lara bar, grapes 1, 2 bunches 83, 140 7:00
Snack- orange, banana 1 of each 70, 55 9:15
Lunch-Salad loaded with large salad 145 12:15
raw vegetables, balsamic vinger
Snack-dried bananas, 2 160 3:00
bananas 2 110 3:30
Dinner- Salad, raw veg., large 40, 85, 25 6:30
avacado and salsa
Snack- dry fruit and nuts 2 tbs. 150 8:00

Total calories for the day: 913


Results: I feel GREAT. I haven't had a headache all day. I haven't felt extremely hungry. I've felt very full after I've eaten. Making dinner for Andrew was hard because I wanted to take a bite of his meat, but I didn't. I think I can do this...

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes! :)





No comments: